Merri of The Equestrian Vagabond tagged me with this award. Apparently I have to list 7 things you don't know about me. Huh. The problem is not listing 7 things, but 7 things that might actually be interesting. Probably not that I'm eating rice noodle soup. Or that my birds are 'singing' to the TV and I can't hear it. Or that my car window decided it couldn't roll up yesterday, so off to the shop it goes. Or that I have a date with a pilot on Thursday. OK, maybe that one's interesting...
1. After about 4 years of riding lessons at the local hunter/jumper barn, my parents let me buy a horse for my 13th birthday. After months of searching, I ended up with a yearling Quarter Horse filly named Mindy. She turns 26 this year.
2. A couple of years later a friend and I decided Mindy could pull us across the snowy pasture in a round saucer sled. We tied it on with lunge ropes. I rode, and my friend sat in the saucer. The first few steps were fine. Then Mindy realized their was a predator behind her and started trotting, then cantering, then my friend fell off. And the sled began hitting her on her back legs and biting her. Full-out blinding panicked gallop towards a barbed wire fence, I bailed and got my first concussion. Mindy jumped the fence, the sled got caught in it, the ropes broke, and she was fine.
3. They Might Be Giants is one of my favorite bands. I feel an instant geeky bond with anyone who likes them.
4. I don't eat wheat, dairy, soy, eggs, chicken, peanuts, or almonds. Not because I am uber health conscious but because of food allergies. My lips are nicer looking when they're not all swollen up.
5. I am considering going back to school (again) to study Graphic Design.
6. I could eat Thai food everyday and live in a state of bliss.
7. I live in a studio house. It is 16x20, or 320 square feet total. It's on a regular sized lot, with regular sized houses on either side. It's super cute, warm, and cozy. Plus nothing is too far out of reach!
OK, everyone who reads this, consider yourself tagged! Copy the pic above, post it on your blog, and list 7 things about yourself we don't know!