Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award


Thanks to everyone that gave me this award... The Jumping Percheron, The Many Misadventures, Chasing the Dream, Living a Farmer's Life, and From Bones to Beauty.


Here are the rules:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!


Hmm, 7 things about me? I think I've went over this before with the Honest Scrap award, so I'm going to try not to repeat myself.

1. Sometimes I like to think of myself as a bit of a "bad ass" but really I'm just a white girl who grew up in a middle class neighborhood, loved animals, and got good grades.

2. I like to go to punk rock concerts. (See #1)

3. People always think I'm younger than I really am.

4. I don't have kids. (See #3)

5. I love rocks and the metaphysical qualities they have. I can spend hours at rock shows. I got a Herkimer 'diamond' for Christmas, it's so cool!

6. I'm a down-to-earth Taurus with "woo woo" tendencies. (See #5)

7. I really appreciate this blogging community. I love all of the support I've received and the online blogger friends I've made. Writing things down helps me organize it in my head. Plus I like to go back and look at the progress Jasper and I have made. Sometimes it's hard to remember how far you've come until you go back and look at the picture of your horse jumping a 6" crossrail at about 3 feet. And how it took 6 very patient people and horses to get your horse close to the creek he has to cross to get to the competition grounds. I like that there's a place to post my photos, I'm a very visual person and a picture really does say a thousand words.


Here are some blogs I like, and I wanted to acknowledge those who leave awesome comments here. I know I don't always get back to you. Some of you have already gotten this award and written about it. Some are new, some are not. If your blog is listed here, consider yourself tagged. I tag you! Collect your award! Write about yourself!

Mugwump Chronicles
I is Roxie!
The Jumping Percheron
Eventing-A-Gogo
Always there are the Horses
The Many Misadventures
Mountain Music
Chasing the Dream
All Horse Stuff
Cross Country Dreamin'
A Year With Horses
The Equestrian Vagabond
Nina's Story
Living a Farmer's Life
Texas, of ALLLL Places
MiKael's Mania
Bobbie No Socks
Golightly Sport Horses
Adventures with an Ex-Racehorse
The Only Shining Star

And non-horse related but very entertaining:
Hyperbole and a Half (a MUST read)
The Blog of Becky: How Not to Live Your Life (sometimes she blogs about horses, excellent writer and very funny)

6 comments:

manymisadventures said...

OMG, thank you for linking to Hyperbole and a Half. That blog has me rolling every time...especially when it talks about the dogs.

You and Jasper really have come a long way. I was watching the video of you guys at Aspen and he really looked fantastic.

BobbieNoSocks said...

Thanks for the award. It's very much appreciated. I love your blog.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! You guys really have accomplished a lot, and I always enjoying what you write - it works the same for me: writing stuff down really helps me think things through.

Achieve1dream said...

Awww thanks for tagging me. I've already done it, but I appreciate the sweet thought. :) Everyone always guesses at least five years younger than I am! And I don't have kids either. :) I loved reading more about you. I'm glad you enjoyed the award.

Lauren said...

I LOVE Hyperbole and a Half, haha - but that's beside the point.

Love your #1 "About Me". I feel the same way, but am really quite tame.

Rising Rainbow said...

Thanks for the award.

I like being able to go back and see my improvement too. I think it helps me with my patience. LOL