Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Stylish Blogger Award
Thanks to everyone that gave me this award... The Jumping Percheron, The Many Misadventures, Chasing the Dream, Living a Farmer's Life, and From Bones to Beauty.
Here are the rules:
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
Hmm, 7 things about me? I think I've went over this before with the Honest Scrap award, so I'm going to try not to repeat myself.
1. Sometimes I like to think of myself as a bit of a "bad ass" but really I'm just a white girl who grew up in a middle class neighborhood, loved animals, and got good grades.
2. I like to go to punk rock concerts. (See #1)
3. People always think I'm younger than I really am.
4. I don't have kids. (See #3)
5. I love rocks and the metaphysical qualities they have. I can spend hours at rock shows. I got a Herkimer 'diamond' for Christmas, it's so cool!
6. I'm a down-to-earth Taurus with "woo woo" tendencies. (See #5)
7. I really appreciate this blogging community. I love all of the support I've received and the online blogger friends I've made. Writing things down helps me organize it in my head. Plus I like to go back and look at the progress Jasper and I have made. Sometimes it's hard to remember how far you've come until you go back and look at the picture of your horse jumping a 6" crossrail at about 3 feet. And how it took 6 very patient people and horses to get your horse close to the creek he has to cross to get to the competition grounds. I like that there's a place to post my photos, I'm a very visual person and a picture really does say a thousand words.
Here are some blogs I like, and I wanted to acknowledge those who leave awesome comments here. I know I don't always get back to you. Some of you have already gotten this award and written about it. Some are new, some are not. If your blog is listed here, consider yourself tagged. I tag you! Collect your award! Write about yourself!
I is Roxie!
The Jumping Percheron
Always there are the Horses
The Many Misadventures
Chasing the Dream
All Horse Stuff
Cross Country Dreamin'
A Year With Horses
The Equestrian Vagabond
Living a Farmer's Life
Texas, of ALLLL Places
Bobbie No Socks
Golightly Sport Horses
Adventures with an Ex-Racehorse
The Only Shining Star
And non-horse related but very entertaining:
Hyperbole and a Half (a MUST read)
The Blog of Becky: How Not to Live Your Life (sometimes she blogs about horses, excellent writer and very funny)